- This Is Asperger's. This Is Autism
- Autism Acceptance Day/Month/Year Call for Submissions!
- Photo Page for Autism Acceptance Day/Month/Year/Life!!!!
- Facebook Events and Historical Information
- International Autism Acceptance Decade, 2010-2020
- All Links: Interviews with Autistics
- Copyright and Permissions
Thursday, April 11, 2013
New! Interviews with Autistics for International Autism Acceptance Decade
New Series- Interviews with Autistics
We are three years into International Autism Acceptance Decade, 2010-2020! To further the reach of the “IAAD” effort, I am going to do a series of interviews with Autistic people, especially people who do not often get public attention in the “autism world” or even in the “Autistic world.” The interviews will be posted on the Autism Acceptance Day blog at http://autismacceptanceday.blogspot.com/
This series is going to be loosely focused on Autism ACCEPTANCE* but will also give a chance for people to say what is most important to them. More than that, these interviews are a way for Autistics to talk about our experiences, getting to know one another and broadening our community interactions. I am particularly interested in interviewing people who are not “the regulars” in public conversations about autism.
Our focus audience is other Autistic people, but the general public (that part of it that reads autism-related things) will also be reading. Autistic children might read your interview and learn something about themselves or feel less alone in the world; Autistic adults might find validation of their experience and feelings.
Please write to me at pdurbinwestby at gmail dot com and we will work out the best way for us to do interviews. The easiest for me is emails back and forth. Then comes IM of various types, and finally, phone interviews.
Currently the blog gets several hundred hits a day and reaches out past the usual forums and Facebook, according to my blog stats. On a high-volume day, like April 2 (!) I get several thousand hits. Let’s get to know each other a bit and put out your thoughts to the world!
Interviews are expected to be posted over the next few months. We are halfway through April and I also have a list of blog posts that will be coming out as well. This is a long-term project, perhaps spanning the entire International Autism Acceptance Decade.
* I will not be taking submissions from Autistics who hate autism. Apologies for that limitation, but the focus of the International Autism Acceptance Decade is the acceptance and embracing of autism. I am only interviewing Autistic people for this series.