- This Is Asperger's. This Is Autism
- Autism Acceptance Day/Month/Year Call for Submissions!
- Photo Page for Autism Acceptance Day/Month/Year/Life!!!!
- Facebook Events and Historical Information
- International Autism Acceptance Decade, 2010-2020
- All Links: Interviews with Autistics
- Copyright and Permissions
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Autism Acceptance Day- Date Discussion
Update on Autism Acceptance Day. I have talked to a lot of people about the actual date, which last year was April 1. Some people like it that it’s the first day of the month, not the 2nd, since months typically start on the first day. But there are quite a few who find it problematic that it is also April Fool’s Day, and there is some concern that Autistic people would be teased or bullied because of it. So… people are always wishing they had 48 hours in a day. Here’s your chance! I am going to leave the starting date on the Facebook event calendar, since I think it would be tricky to change it (tricky for me, anyway, with my limited FB skills). But Autism Acceptance Day can be April 1-2, and veering toward April 2, which apparently is going to be called Autism Acceptance Day by ASAN and some other groups anyway. Autism Acceptance Month is the entire month of April, so send your blog entries and links to this site, or to any other, for that matter. It’s not “my” day although I started the idea. It’s everyone’s day, who cares about accepting people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, including autism.